1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Razer Carcharias quiet microphone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vaikepois, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

For some reason my Razer Carcharias mic is very quiet. I have enabled booster also and maxed everything. But still its kinda quiet.. not that extremly but still its quiet.. last mic was extremly loud so i could lower volume whenever i wanted too.. but with new headset.. audio quality is epic but mic too quiet.. but it shouldnt be cuz its quite high tech already.. anyways 1 example vid of how loud is my mic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96V2t3UgCTE&list=UUg-iFHzfS8ldZC3ym-F1_AQ&index=1&feature=plcp

That not exactly best video cuz you cant compare volumes here. But later in few days il upload another video where its possible compare volumes.

Anyways main point is why microphone so quiet... Wrong driver? settings? anything D:?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Nothing you can do aside from what you have already tried. Return and get something else.

I assume you've checked the mic "volume" adjustment? Should be one in the Windows audio setup, and possibly one in the headset software.

3. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

D: -.- Maxed all stuff

4. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

Well.. i plugged in my USB mic and i hear IT ALOOOT .. but this new headset cant hear at all.. i guess wrong driver.. cuz b4 installed new driver i had "Mic Boost" option... then it was hearable but quiet.. and i was told when not enough power in pc then taht might be cause tooo..

5. vaikepois

vaikepois Thread Starter

Well.. i fixed problem in the most unexpected way.. to be precise.. i ... well..

My old headset has extra USB addon .. basically USB spot where u can plug in jacks.. i removed that addon.. and plugged my razer headset jacks into that USB controller i guess?

And guess what.. now my mic is extremly loud + stereo seems to work much better.

Now before i mark this "solved". I would like to know what the hell just happened?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice