1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: re-add music to music app

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Beta19, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    I deleted my music from my music app and cannot re-add it. The files were added automatically the first time, but now the app won't add them. Can I refresh the cache for the music app or what can I do?

2. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Never mind, I figured out how to do it.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It just may help others if you were to post your "I figured it out"?

4. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    The music app in Windows 8.1 shows the same physical files that you have in Windows Media Player. When you delete the files in WMP, it gives you the option of deleting it from just media player or from media player and computer. It does not ask you this in the Music App and deleted the files from my computer. I went to the recycle bin and restored the files and once Media Player loaded the files back, I opened the Music App and it did the same thing. I hope that makes sense.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1127285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice