1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: re-installing scanner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bengal, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bengal

bengal Thread Starter

I have windows 98... few years ago I installed a Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL scanner (usb port) with no problems. I recently had to have the hard drive reformatted because of a virus. When I attempted to re-install the scanner the computer cannot locate it. In devise manager listed under "other devices" it just says "usb device". Any suggestions? I also re-installed the printer with no problems. :confused: I'm not very computer knowledgeable. Need layman terms.

2. rhorne4

rhorne4

Have You Reinstalled The Drivers That Came With It?

3. bengal

bengal Thread Starter

Don't understand what you mean.... the scanner came with a cd... wouldn't drivers be contained within that ?

4. DBelton

DBelton

yep... you need to install the drivers off of the cd that came with the scanner. even better would be to go to the Microtek web site and get the latest drivers for your scanner.

Most of the cd's will install the drivers when you insert the cd into the drive if you have autorun enabled for the cd drive. If it doesn't automatically run, look on the cd for a program called setup.exe or install.exe, or something close...

5. bengal

bengal Thread Starter

Thanks for the info... went to microtek, downloaded latest drivers and was able to reinstall my scanner... thanks so much! (y)

6. DBelton

DBelton

Glad you got it fixed! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice