1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Read Notification triggers spam blocker?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by csherman0627, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csherman0627

csherman0627 Thread Starter

Is it possible that a read notification feature would trigger the email to be marked as spam? If the answer is yes, and it is marked as spam and removed to the spam folder, will the email "read notification" indicate it was opened and read?

2. pinntech

pinntech

Highly unlikely that this alone will cause an email to be "suspected" SPAM.

As to the read notifications, depending on the recipient, you may never get a "read notification" at all. Mine are disabled or I am prompted to allow or disallow.

If the person has the READ NOTIFICATIONS set to automatic and they open the email then it will send the READ RECEIPT back to you no matter what folder it is in.

Automatically moving a message to a folder will not trigger the receipt. If the person moves the email without a PREVIEW active, it will not trigger the receipt. If the person touches the email with the PREVIEW on, the message is marked as READ, then it will trigger a receipt.

Now, my experience shows that the RECEIPT is often detected as SPAM. As in I send an email to someone requesting a receipt, the read it, the receipt is sent.... often the receipt itself ends up in the SPAM folder because it is usually sent with an administrator email address.

It also depends on the mail program, webmail interface, the provider, and many other factors.

Thanks!

Shane

3. csherman0627

csherman0627 Thread Starter

I really appreciate your response. Your answer makes complete sense and I'm guessing that the recipient has their preview active. Also, in this particular case I think the recipient has blocked the sender's email address, which prompts it to be categorized as spam. Again, thank you very much for your response. Christie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice