1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: real player doesn't work

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Darekk1982, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darekk1982

Darekk1982 Thread Starter

I've downloaded Real Player v. 6.0 recetnly but it doesn't work at all. No matter if I try to open a file (which is surely configured with it) or open a prog itself - nothing happens. I tried reinstalling it but with no result.
    Anyone could help me??
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. killah

killah

Any error messages? System specs? whats running in taskbar?

3. Darekk1982

No such, everything seemed fine during instalation, no messages when I try to run the program, just nothing happens...

Oh, I forgot,
    Win98, Ffox 1.0
    SiS 7012 Audio Driver,

Kaspersky AV, Kaspersky Anti-Hacker, SpywareGuard, ZonaAlarm, Proxomitron,

that's all... ;)

4. killah

killah

Hmm, I would suggest good old process of elimination....uninstall Real Player 6, delete the folder it was in, reboot, turn off Kaspersky, and all the other "protection" programs while you install it again, and see if it works while they are turned off. Also want to make sure your audio/video drivers are current. If none of this helps, then maybe someone else has some ideas....I am all out.

5. Darekk1982

I'd like to, but when I tried to uninstall it there was an error message
    'uninstaller component missing' so the process couldn't be continued. Unfortunately I don't know what kind of component exactly it is about and how to find it out...

I'm gonna try to work it out but if anyone's got an idea that could be even a bit of help.... (blablablabla...) ;)

thanks anyway...

6. Darekk1982

I've tried to perform the RealPlayer test lately on:
    http://service.real.com/test/

But the result was - 'couldn't find PNCRT.DLL file' error message so that neither video nor audio clips worked.
    This only made me much more confused...

7. johnni

johnni

Do a search in Google for pncrt.dll; you will find lots of download sites. On my WinME this file lives in C:\Windows\System.

johnni

8. Darekk1982

I installed missing file but it didn't solve my problem. I tried to perform the test again but nothinng happened. No message error, no action either.
    And still cannot uninstall RPlayer.

9. jdl

jdl

This will not solve your removal problem but it may solve a lot of future problems. Real Player has a "take over your machine" mentality and downloads lots of junk with its player.

Go here and download either the Windows 2000/xp or the Windows 98/ME version of Media Player Classic. This program will play all the files that Real Player will play but has no additional garbage along with it. You won't know the difference. Double click on any *.rm file and Media Player Classic will open and play the file.

10. Darekk1982

I'll tell you what I've done...
    before I installed MediaPlayer I downloaded RealPlayer 10.5 GOLD. I installed it without removing the previous version which had already been on my PC. And all of a sudden... Real Player's working pefectly...
    I just donno the reason why the previous RPlayer's version didn't want to work on my comp.

Nevermind...

It's just that I can't understand computers.......

.........as well as women............;)

THX guys!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!