Solved: Really Small Boot Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jonno_93

I have a laptop with WinMe on it. When I turn it on, the toshiba logo is normal size, but the boot menu and splash screen are really small. how can i change this? :confused:

Many Thanks!

Is that the only problem?
For example, once ME loads, is it the correct size.
Has it always been this way?

Jonno_93

yes it has always been this way. but it is only begining, but i have a dual boot so i need to be able to read the options

Tough part is that usually that boot screen is more of a DOS screen. It is shown way before any drivers are loaded.

Something to try is boot from a floppy and see what the screensize is.

Also might see if there are any settings in the BIOS that can be changed relative to this problem.

Jonno_93

i have also found out it also happenes when i change my screen resolution from to 1000 one to anything. and when enything tries to enter full screen.

Jonno_93

and how do i get into bios on a toshiba laptop, and when i connect the laptop to a moniter, everything goes the right size.

Jonno_93

solution was to enter bios and there was an option there t change my full screen resolution.
Thanks bob!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts