1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Realtek Audio HD (Done all the googling I could)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JadedMystery, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JadedMystery

JadedMystery Thread Starter

First off, I know this question has been asked.. SO many times..and I know how tiresome it is..
    But..like many others.. I am stumped..

Last week I installed DriverMax to update my drivers......at that same time I had a windows update...I restarted like they said and noticed that my sound had the dreaded red x and the " No Audio Device is installed". So I go to drivermax and have them "Download and install" the new updated driver which was " Realtek HD Audio thingy"...No Dice.

I go to Device manager.. Sounds, games..ETC.. It has Realtek Audio.. but also followed by a yellow exclamation mark.. Okay.. I disable, restart, No dice. I uninstall.. Go to Add legacy hardware.. Install realtek that way again. No Dice... Still the " Code 10 this device is installed but may not work properly" and a yellow exclamation mark.. At one point I think I had it when I did a driver update.. Cause they told me to restart... No Dice. Same yellow mark... I went to "Rollback driver" It's not even highlighted. I don't have a UAA Audio Bus anywhere located in Device manager... Don't know where to find it for my make/model of this Acer Aspire 5515. ..

Today I try and UN-install realtek from Add/remove programs and it opens then says "Realtek HD Audio Failure."

So.. with that said.. No idea of what drivers I use. Don't know what my doofy behind has done to my poor wittle lappy. Code 10, No audio output Device Installed, No UAA Audio Bus in device manager, yellow Mark on realtek audio, Red X, No rollback driver highlighted, Acer Aspire 5515, Window Vista Home Basic 32 bit, Service Pack 2

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

3. JadedMystery

Edit: I went to the acer website and installed the drivers from there. No Dice

Forgot to add that in the beginning. I did that as well already

4. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

I`d rather take a beating than have to mess with realtek audio problems, that software is a real piece of work, but since you have already tried the Acer site with no luck for some reason(and it could be as simple as a corrupt file you downloaded), you could try the basic drivers at the realtek site just to see if you can get any sound at all. Here is the link, you will have to check the small acceptance box, and click next, you may have to click next twice. When you get to the page with the downloads, I believe I would use the fourth one down(don`t count the "read me" file), it is an exe driver file for both Vista and 7 http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false. After you download it, go to where you put the file, and double click to execute the file, and then follow the instructions.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. JadedMystery

Alright guys. Let Miss.Jade get to work and I will try my best to get this crap up and running. Trying all post..

7. JadedMystery

Yeah, I did system restore.. I even had a friend do a "factory reset" no dice.

8. JadedMystery

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. I wish I could just take you all and just keep you for myself. ^_^ . Thanks again

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I see this is marked Solved, did you get it fixed?

10. JadedMystery

Yeah! But it went back out. Maybe it's my soundcard.. So I'mma just get a whole new computer. Thanks Guys. ^_~

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You know you could always just use a USB or PCMCIA sound card...much cheaper then a new computer. Or take it in for repair.

12. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Do you have automatic updates enabled to download and install updates?
    It may be that you have the right driver installed when it's working,
    then windows update replaces it with the wrong driver.
    May want to set windows update to download only and notify you.
    Then hide that driver update.

13. JadedMystery

Yeah. I could just do that....As a matter of fact I will do that.

Even though this little creep is keepin' me from my Sims -Coughs- I'm gonna have to change alot of stuff with it, even my graphics card. Due to the fact the Sims 3 newest update has a problem with the ATI Radeon 1200 card.. actually mostly all ATI users..Okay. Now I'm juust ramblin'! But I'll just drop it in the old shop and hope for a better result. After I try the update thingy.

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can't change the graphics card in that laptop. If you intend to play Sims 3 and if it has issues with that x1200 then you'll need a new laptop.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/904457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice