1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Realtek HD Audio Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [email protected], Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ryan@g-a-z.com

[email protected] Thread Starter

I am not allowed to remove it nor do I know how to setup the Audio Driver to work, keep getting an error on install that states a error has occured after getting to 90% I have tried re-installing the driver both from the manufacturer and the software that came with the ne motherboard but neither works. Please help!!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, it would really help if you posted your exact system specs.

Next did you clean install windows and this happened or how did this occur?

3. ryan@g-a-z.com

I'm running windows XP SP3 - AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 4000+
    2.1 GHz and 960MB Ram - and yes this happened when I had to reinstall windows was working fine before that.... and I remember the guy stating that when I installed that it might cause this to happen I just don't know what to do about it now that it has happened. It won't even allow me to remove the Realtek HD Audio driver since it is necessary for startup

4. ryan@g-a-z.com

I had to uninstall the windows version of the HD Audio Driver and then install the Realtek version and now everything works..... Cool Beans:)

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Glad you got it working. You can mark your own thread as solved using the button at the top of the page.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice