1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Realtek HD Audio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by metal, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal

metal Thread Starter

Hey, I've had a little issue with my sound ever since I updated the drivers. I have an Acer 7220 :eek: with Realtek HD Audio. The problem is that although sound plays fine through the notebook speakers, when I plug in headphones, there's no sound on them anymore, and the notebook speakers go on functioning like the headphones weren't even there.

I could probably try and rollback to the earlier driver, but there's no option for it in driver properties...
    Thanks for listening, and for any advice you may have.

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

Can you change the options in Control Panel/Sound and Audio Devices/Speaker Settings-Advanced ? That's the path in XP , wouldnt imagine it's much different in Vista if that's what you are running .

I dont own a laptop so am only throwing the suggestion in . Maybe one of the Fn hotkeys switches from speakers to headphone ?

3. metal

metal Thread Starter

Thanks for the help nessy, in what was a major D'oh! moment for me, I realized on my way home from work that all I had to do was quit messing around with the driver and just change the default audio output from speakers to headphones. I know, I know, pathetic...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice