Solved: Reboot probems, ERRORS INCL.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

balls

Hi, my computer keeps rebooting itself, this time I got a Microsoft Windows pop up showing error signature and error report. I had this problem half a year ago too, fixed it by switching PSU and cleaning the case. It's impossible that the PSU is gone again, and I just recently cleaned the case.
I am running XP Home Edition OEM-Medion version.

The report goes like this: C:\DOCUME~1\COMPUT~1\LOKALE~1\Temp\WER35a4.dir00\Mini050608-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\COMPUT~1\LOKALE~1\Temp\WER35a4.dir00\sysdata.xml

Signature:
BCCode : 5 BCP1 : 86998928 BCP2 : 85A9D390 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Thanks in advance, Balls.

Have you disabled automatic restart? If not, do that so we can get an error screen and some information.

Control Panel > System > Advanced > Startup > Check-box.

Hi balls, What process or procedure are you attempting to run that triggers the error ?

balls

Playing games, Team Fortress 2, and less resource hoggy games like Trackmania.

Here's some information from AUMHA:

0x00000005: INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
Generally, use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above to troubleshoot this problem. A specific problem is known to exist with Win XP SP2 and Server 2003 in combination with certain antivirus programs, firewalls, and similar software; see the article linked below for details and current status of a fix from Microsoft.

balls

Thanks but unfortunately none of the troubleshootings worked out :S

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online