1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Recent Documents being cleared automatically in Office 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bunjy, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bunjy

bunjy Thread Starter

I have been having a weird issue with Office 2007 ever since switching to Windows 7. For some reaons, the recent documents keep getting erased every couple of weeks. I clicked on the office button and verified that recent documents is not grayed out or set to zero. Does anyone know why they are getting cleared out automatically or how I can fix it?

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there,

Sounds like a Windows issue as opposed to an Office issue (just to clarify). Do you have any kind of cleaup wizard going on? That would be the first place I would check. Check your settings (should be able to right click your taskbar and selecting properties) and let us know what they are.

3. bunjy

bunjy Thread Starter

I checked and I don't have any kind of clean-up wizards running.

4. bunjy

bunjy Thread Starter

Zack,

You led me to the solution. I use Ccleaner and I checked the settings and noticed that I didn't uncheck "Office 2007" from the cleaning list. It was Ccleaner that was deleting my recent documents. I unchecked Office 2007 and now I have no issues. Thanks for rattling my brain a bit!

5. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Glad to be of some assistance! And thanks for posting the solution. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/896944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice