1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Recieving duplicate emails.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by redmonkie, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redmonkie

redmonkie Thread Starter

I have 4 email accounts set up in outlook.They are all from the same server just different accounts. At the moment one account is recieving duplicate emails everytime Outlook send/recieves.
    Im pretty sure this is an Outlook application issue as I also have these account on my blackberry and do not recieve duplicate emails.
    Have researched on microsoft and their advice was "Click to clear the Receive mail items check box" but this just stops emails coming through from that email account.
    Any idea's?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    check that you only have the four accounts and not 5 with one duplicated and I assume all 4 accounts are working and that you have not got 1 setup twice

3. redmonkie

redmonkie Thread Starter

Hi etaf.
    Have double checked. Only 4 accounts and they are all seperate. Sent test emails to all account and 3 work fine. the one recieving duplicate emails has recieved the test email too.
    Checked the mail server and its only sent the emails once. So im pretty sure its a outlook issue still.
    Any more idea's?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    the next steps i would do is delete and reset all the acounts up and test each one - username and password etc and server addresses

5. redmonkie

redmonkie Thread Starter

Thanks etaf. That seems to have resolved the issue.
    Thanks for your help.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    (y) your welcome - thanks for letting us know the result , will help others here

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!