1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Recommend a Good External CD/DVD Burner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlackRose159, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlackRose159

BlackRose159 Thread Starter

Hello.

I have been searching the Internet for a good external CD/DVD burner. But I am so confused. I don't want to spend more that $80 on it. But I want one that will work with Windows XP, Windows Media Player and has LightScribe.

I had the LiteOn one, but apparently it was defective. And I have been told on here to try a cord powered one instead of a USB powered one.

Thank you.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  3. BlackRose159

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The LG has an external power upply. the hp does not. other than that the actual drive in either one is probably the same drive. If you were to ask me, I use Liteon drives mostly. But I don't have any external drives Optical or HDD. I would go fior the LG over the HP if I were to need one. But then I have really had no luck with most HP Computer products (printers are ok though).

5. BlackRose159

Thank you!

Okay so the HP it is. Thank you very much. I was thinking that one would work better. Yes the HP printers are good. I had mine for about 8 years before it gave out. But the ink is ridiculously expensive. I have a Canon printer now and love it.

6. BlackRose159

I mean LG it is!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice