1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Recommendation for firewall wanted

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by TORB, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TORB

TORB Thread Starter

Hi Good Peoples,

I have been using the pro version of the Zone Alarm for some time that I am now dissatisfied with it for a number of reasons.

Firstly, I was stupid enough to uninstall it using the add remove programs facility, rather than the uninstall option in the program. As a result I can no longer in still the original software I had and will have to pay for a new licence fee, so if I have to buy something, I may as well look at other options.

I have also found that since zone alarm is no longer there, my PC boots a hell of a lot faster.

I also found configuring it for use with two PCs that have been hooked together by ethernet, so that I could get to the Internet from the second PC never seemed to work.

With these points in mind, has anyone got any suggestions for a good firewall program that is easy to use, is not a memory/systems hog, and will allow me to easily configure the second computer so that it has access to the Internet?

Thanks in advance.

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. TORB

TORB Thread Starter

Hi Richard,

Thanks; I have not only downloaded the firewall, but there were another 4 program utilities that alos took my fancy and I have downloaded them too. :)

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Ric,
    Glad it was useful. Do you want to mark your thread as 'solved' or are you going to see if others come forward with suggestions?

Richard

5. TORB

TORB Thread Starter

Hi Richard,

As soon as I saw another post had been made, I thought to myself I didn't mark that post as solved. :eek: It's done now.

Cheers
    Ric

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice