1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Recording issue needs quick response please

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by theseus75, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theseus75

theseus75 Thread Starter

Here's the deal: a story I wrote is being read on the air and the station has an online feed. I want to be able to record the show in the highest quaility possible. I'm sure I could play it over the speakers and use an audio recorder, but I'm also sure there's a better way - a program specific to this issue. The show is on form 9 to 10 EST tonight! so I have to get something going before then. Any help will be greatly appreciated, even if it means buying the program that can do it best.

Thanks.

Windows XP with SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 3200 (Socket A)
    L1 Cache 128kb
    L2 Cache 512kb
    2 Gigs Corsair DDR 400 RAM and one 512mb OCZ DDR 400 stick
    ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE mobo (with latest 1013 Phoenix BIOS)
    Radeon X850XT graphics card
    Audigy ZS Gamer
    150gb Western Digital Raptor Sata HDD
    160gb Barracuda 7,200 Sata HDD
    Direct X 9.0c

2. stantley

stantley

3. theseus75

theseus75 Thread Starter

Yeah, I check Audacity out online before picking up a copy; it worked great! Thanks. For some reason, the live feed seemed to record better at 16 bit audio than 24, but just so I got it...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice