1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: recover deleted files from recycle bin

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by secondangel, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. secondangel

secondangel Thread Starter

Hi there, ive stupdily deleted some stuff to the recycle bin and then hit the emoty button and closed it down, so i cant undo.

ive tried a couple of programs, ones called restorationa dn anotehr called uneraser but they dont find the .wav flesim missing.

i deleted them like a few hours ago so was hoping they mite still be around. ive not actually doen a shutdown on teh pc yet either.

can anyone help me ore reccomend something.

its really important i recover the files as they are part of my demo for a record label. damn these late nite recording sessions.

cheers

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

don't format/defrag/restore and they can probably be recovered.

i'm not familiar with any software to use and you may end up paying someone and be aware, data recovery can be very expensive.

undelete is an old dos command but you ned to be familiar with dos and your is an xp, maybe ntfs file system.

good luck.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

Data recovery is not cheap. I've tried a few of the $30-40 programs and didn't find anything that was all that reliable. That said its about your only option unless you want to pay a couple grand to a data recovery service.

4. Claymore

Claymore

As a test I just deleted a .wav file and then emptied the Recycle Bin. I ran Restoration and waited till it finished its scan. I then entered WAV in the 'Search Deleted Files' dialog box. It pulled up a bunch I had deleted ages ago, and the the one I had just deleted. It didn't have the name I had deleted it under, but was listed as Dc42.wav. I restored and it played just fine.

I did the same thing with this program Handy Recovery. It found it also in the Recycle Bin folder in my userID folder (S-1-5-1 etc.). I restored it and again it played just fine.

Maybe you want to have another go. Restore all .wav files you find.

5. secondangel

secondangel Thread Starter

thanks man
    found it renamed as d41.wav under the s-is- blah blah folder under recycled.

i was actually looking for the original filename. didnt realise they got renamed.

thanks guys,

i used restoration first time but didnt notice the filename change. i then used pc inspector which did the same thing, but thanks claymore for alerting me to filename change. i then just checked the date stamp and ofund the one i was looking for.

just incase anyones interested/bothered.

www.airvent-media.co.uk

thats just one of ym tunes for my demo, i can now finish off this one.

respect.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/372650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice