Solved: Recover User + Documents?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Forbidden5

Oh no, Oh no, Oh no!
I accidentally deleted the wrong user, and i lost all of their files along with it, and I need it back really badly.

Is there any way to recover it? Please say there is X_X

All depends on what you did.

Did you go to their Settings and Documents folders and deleted them? If not the files are still there. You just have to be admin logged on to access them.

You would create a new user. You would copy the contents of the old users settings and documents to the new users settings and docs folders. Assign the new user ownership of the files and you are done.

If you deleted the settings and docs folder just go to your backup and restore. Then follow the procedure above.

Forbidden5

Are you serious X.x..
and a backup would be like an external hard drive or something like that :[

Backup could go to any media. Tape, disk, usb stick whatever. Backup could be just a copy of files or using ntbackup.

You may have a slim chance of recovery using a file/folder undelete program but you would need to get everyone off the server asap as every moment means more of those "deleted" files are overwritten with live ones.

Forbidden5

Uhg, I tried Windows UnDelete, but I couldn't find it D:..
This isn't good :/.. I really needed all that data.
Craaap.

sorry to hear that though you have a much bigger problem with no backups taking place. Imagine if you lost ALL users data...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online