1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Recovery Disk probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lehj0002, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lehj0002

lehj0002 Thread Starter

My wife has an HP slimline s7520n. Long story short . . . hard drive crashed. Ordered recovery disks from HP and replaced the HD...seagate 7200.10 250gb. Former drive was seagate 7200.9 200gb. The recovery disks dont work. I get a blinking cursor . . . no error messages . . . nothing. Spent some time with HP tech support and said the motherboard needed to be re-tattooed. The want $200 to do it. I guess my question is is there something I can do to fix this issue? Im not a moron when it comes to computers but this is beyond my knowledge. Need some quidance. Ive looked around and heard about some utilites that I can get but don't know exactly what there for are how to use.

I've checked the bios and DVD drive is set to boot first. The HD is recognized and is working fine. Installed a copy of XP pro but the wife liked media center edition better. What ever the wife wants . . . Help me!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice