1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Recovery Disks

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by poochee, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

I'm getting conflicting information on making Recovery Disks. According to HP I should be off the network. According to my computer man it doesn't matter. What say you?

Thanks in advance.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

I dont think it really matters but if you dont want to make your own im sure HP will have the correct restore/recovery disks you need for your model of computer for a small fee.

3. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

Thanks

4. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

I believe I would go with HP instructions. It`s their machine, and they know how they want it to be configured when making recovery disks. JMHO.

5. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

Thanks

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

To make restore/recovery disks just follow the instructions given.A lot of times people either dont know how to do it or it can be a hassle in making them for whatever reason.Sometimes its just easier to get the disks from whoever made the computer and its already done for you.Then all you have to do is load them and follow the prompts given on each disk.With the proper ones for your model of computer you know it was done right.

7. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

Thanks

8. j0hnx777

j0hnx777

I would say it doesn't matter either. All your network settings are saved in the operating system anyway.

9. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

Thanks

10. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

You are very welcome.

11. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

One thing to think about, you only have "1" chance to make a set of recovery disks. If for some reason, any reason, the set you make, or try to make fails, for whatever reason, that`s it, no more chances to make another set. Thus, my suggestion to use Hp`s instructions. I personally like to take all variables out of the equation, especially when I only have "1" chance.

12. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

Thanks.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065576