1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Recycle Bin IMAGE Disappeared?!?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by taketi, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. taketi

taketi Thread Starter

On my desktop, the IMAGE for the recycle bin has disappeared! I can still double click where the icon should be and bring up the recycle bin, but I really liked the nice image. The text for the icon is showing as normal.

Thanks ;)

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. taketi

taketi Thread Starter

Thanks. Before doing anything I decided to try to play around with it. The 'properties' on the recycle bin aren't normal. For some reason I decided to create a shortcut to the recycle bin on my desktop (through 'create shortcut' button). The icon then appeared on both the shortcut and the original. Deleted the shortcut, and wallah - icon is back ^_^ Wonder what could have caused this.

I then deleted the recycle bin from my recycle bin ;)

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You may have created another icon for it and thus rebuilt the damaged one. Just a guess -- but glad to see it resolved.

You can mark this "solved" using the available tab, by the way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/731294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice