1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Red image areas only with Online images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by letchworth, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. letchworth

letchworth Thread Starter

Recently I began noticing unexpected red areas in online photos [but not original photos in my collection].
    As close as I can tell- it looks like a certain shade of dark grey are being rendered as bright red. When viewing landscape, people, wedding images, etc. [photo.net] it looks like someone tried to add an artistic effect to their photo.

If I do a <copy image> the red is saved along with the image, however, as I said, my own photos are rendered properly- so I don't think it is the monitor or onboard video-- but I can't think of what else it could be.

Almost looks like like a posterization effect- but limited to only one color-- the rest of the images seem natural.

Your insights would be much appreciated
    letchworth

2. wowzer

wowzer

What program are you viewing them with?

Can you post a link to a specific image?

Does this happen with all online images or just from one site?

3. ringowheelin

ringowheelin

Are you uploading directly, or using a program to upload, and possibly some sort of copyright thing from the website? See if you can change account settings. What browser are you using to view them, are you downloading them again or copy/pasting, or save image as-ing?

4. letchworth

letchworth Thread Starter

Thank you to each of you for responding-- I have been offline for a bit and probably have figured out the problem-- "AV Protection 2011" hit me hard.

I went through the steps outlined to remove and I find that the exact same images I was having problems with are now rendering properly.

to answer your original questions:
    I was viewing the images directly on Firefox- from several different websites, including Kodak.com, and photo.net. I would copy the images directly to Irfanview-- and the same red would show up in the copy as had been the case in Firefox. I also used Irfanview to view my own photographs from my camera but they showed up properly.

Here is a copy of one small image I saved from the Internet-- notice the red in the guy's hair and on his jacket
    [​IMG]

I'm marking this <Solved> for now and hope that has it---- again, thank you for your responses and sorry I was unable to get back to you sooner- but scans seemed to take forever.
    letchworth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027432

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice