1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Reduced burning speed

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by zoff, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zoff

zoff Thread Starter

I have DVD +RW discs that are on their second recording. I did a full-erase on the discs before re-recording on them. They are originally rated at 16x burn. On the second recording, I can only burn at 4x. Is this normal? I cleaned off felt pen markings with isopropyl alcohol; could that have damaged the disc? Thanks.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Possibly. Have you tried to use a new one?

3. zoff

zoff Thread Starter

I might be going mad. :)

The discs work its just that I thought they were 16x. DVD Identifier says theyre 4x. Oh well.

Thanks anyhoo.

4. accat13

accat13

Most of the current media and hardware (dvdrw) struggle to produce a good quality result with 16x media...Do yourself a favour and burn at 4x with dvdrw media..On a side note I stand to be corrected here but I don't think they make dvd+rw media that burns at 16x..:eek:
    Standard dvd+ media burning at 16x is just becoming the norm...(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice