1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: refurbished LG Flatron EW224

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SammySA, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SammySA

SammySA Thread Starter

I recently purchased a monitor off newegg.com for use with my PS3. This monitor only had the DVI connection so I bought a HDMI to DVI adapter. At first the Monitor worked perfectly, but after a day it has started to have problems connecting. When I turn the monitor on it works for a few seconds then starts going to a static screen and going back and forth from static to a black screen and occasionally showing the PS3 screen. How do I solve this? unplugging and plugging in cables doesn't seem to work but when I leave it off for long enough it starts working for awhile.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Test with a different cable/adapter. Otherwise, it sounds like the monitor is faulty. As it's new, return it. And as you need HDMI for the PS3, get a model with HDMI input.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!