1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: register class object failed =0x800706ba the rpc server is unavailable

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hsimmy, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hsimmy

hsimmy Thread Starter

When I reboot my computer I keep getting the message : HP AiO Device object server register class object failed =0x800706ba the rpc server is unavailable.

I have a Fujitsu Scaleo P PC on Windows XP Service pack 2

The computer was running slow, so I restarted it and now have no task bar and can't get onto Internet Explorer. It won't run the virus checker.

Please could anyone give me any ideas of what to try.

Thanks, Helen

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Can you open the system in Safe Mode by tapping Function 8 before Windows starts to load?

3. hsimmy

hsimmy Thread Starter

Hi, I managed to get to this point before I received your answer, but thank you anyway. I went to last known good configuration and it sorted it out.
    Thank you again.
    Kind Regards, Helen

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

I'm glad you got it sorted and thanks for the thanks anyway. It's always worth a try but the other valuable option in Advanced Boot menu is "Disable automatic restart on system failure" - just in case it happens again. That stops the loop and shows a blue screen with helpful information.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice