Solved: "Registry Mechanic" report valid?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
"Registry Mechanic" was recommended here a while ago. I ran the trial version, which found 305 errors in the "deep scan." Can this be trusted to be true? There was one "shared programs" and 2 "shortcut" errors. If I ran repairs with the "registered" version, I would have a backup created first, of course.
Advice will be appreciated.

To trust or not to...I am not able to coment,esp without knowing what is 'found', but whatever is 'found' never do any deleting/fixing without first backing up.If the trial version does not do a back up,then it certainly is not fit to fix whatever it may have found.My advice is to try some other(totaly free) programe or get a registered version

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Thanks for the reply. Are there "totally free" programs available? Your other points I recognize, and I am tempted to buy the 'registered' version. Just wanted to see if the huge # of problems might be a 'come on.' I used another similar program with similar results, but was advised against buying that one.

I have purchased the regestry mechanicand am very pleased with the performance that it has done. It does create a back-up of your current files and regestry. It has solved several problems that were embedded in my regestry files. am currently trying to solve another problem tthat is related to Windows XP SP2. Check the post "System crashed by SP2"
~diver46~

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
diver46: Thanks for the testimonial for "RM." {redoak}

Redoak- Probably the best is JV16, IMHO. There was a site recently where you could still get it free. Another very good free one is Easy Cleaner by Toni Arts.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
John - - : I found JV 16 using Google search. It is an "old" version but the site said "new is not necessarily better than old." How true! The site appeared to be the originating org. Many thanks for the tip.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online