Solved: Registry question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Narcon

I was wondering how I can view all my game registry entries and perhaps delete some?

to view your registry you simply go to start-run type in regedit and click ok

Now you have the tricky part of viewing your game entries, you will find most software installed in HKLM-Software, then look for the names of the games you want to remove, note that they may also be under the name of the developer, so BF1942 is under EA GAMES or Electronic Arts.

Make sure you make a backup of your registry before deleting anything

If you have uninstalled games and are just trying to remove any old registry entries that are still laying around in there then you may find it easier to use a registry cleanup tool.

just doa search on google for a reg cleaner, but again make sure you backup your registry before running it.

Narcon

I do not have HKLM -Software showing. There are HKEY, but none of the other.

I also tried Regseeker but it did not find what I was looking for. I think the problem is that it was a "trial" game. So I didnt really install the game, I just added it to my registry. Now that I have bought the game it will not install, it only gives me the option to uninstall the game. So I figure that it is the registry entry..??
If I still have the file that entered such reg entry, can I retrieve the location via the file itself??
Thanks for the help.

Narcon said:
I do not have HKLM -Software showing. There are HKEY, but none of the other.
HKLM is short for HKey Local Machine

What game are you having trouble with?

Narcon

ghost recon is the game. It is when I try to install the Island thunder mod. Which is the registry rntry I believe to be giving me this head ache.

LOL ...thanks for the tip on the HKey

Narcon

It isn't a trial. It was a cracked game, but now I own the game and the proper disk wont work! Somehow I bet Bill is behind all this.

Narcon

Alright, I finally figured it out. was looking in the wrong place. after I got that HKEY thing straight it was easy. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online