1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Registy fix v2.0

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by blues_harp28, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

Just a question this time..
    I have just downloaded Registry fix v 2.0 and it has found 187 errors.
    Has anyone any thoughts,on the product and letting it fix the errors?
    As the Registy is such an important component,is it wise to adjust it?
    Many thanks.

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

I do not know the program. I'm not sure how you would be able to boot windows with 187 errors in the registry though. Normally windows will check the registry for errors at every boot and if it detects a single error it will stop loading windows. So, most likely the "errors" the program suggests you have in the registry are just keys with invalid associations left by uninstalling programs and such. That's not errors per se but allowing your registry to become full with invalid registry keys can cause problems. I wouldn't nesessarily advise not to use the program but since deleting the wrong keys in your registry will make windows unbootable or cause program errors up the yin yang I would advise googling something like "Registry cleaners reviews" and do some research on what is considered the best and the worst before you allow some program to muck with the registry.

3. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

Thanks Maritimesea,
    I will check out Registry cleaners reviews,my concern was the danger of removing,that which should not be removed.
    Cheers..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice