1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Reinstall Microsoft Office 2003 on the Same Computer

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kyle7119, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kyle7119

kyle7119 Thread Starter

I am doing a clean install of windows and was wondering that if, after I wipe my hard drive/registry, will I be able to reinstall the same copy of Microsft Office on the computer. I still have the CD and the CD key. I am just afriad that it won't let me register it again with the same CD key.

2. StillAlive

StillAlive

it depends, if this is your 2nd or 3rd time re-installing Office it should allow you to register and use it without a problem. if it doesn't you can always call Microsoft and let them know that you need to re-install Office in that same computer it was originally registered in and that you had had to clean install Windows again.

3. StillAlive

StillAlive

Okay! right after I posted I went and did a little bit of research.

I found:

- if your Office 2003 is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version, then you can install it all you want..as long as you do it in the same machine and the motherboard or CPU have not changed. this is because of the OEM license which binds the software to the motherboard and/or the CPU..once you change that, the software will "think" you installed it on a different machine.

- Full versions (which come in the fancy package) will allow you to install it in 2 sets of Motherboard/CPU. meaning..with a full version you can change your motherboard or CPU once after the original installation and still install the software one more time with the new hardware.

activation wise..there is no limit as long as you keep the same hardware.

4. dash25

dash25

u should mention ur operating system also. however, stay cool, u can reinstall ur windows and also office 2003 after that. ur cd key will work again too, since u r erasing that information from the registry by fresh install.

5. kyle7119

kyle7119 Thread Starter

Thanksb

6. kyle7119

kyle7119 Thread Starter

I did a fresh install of Windows and reinstalled and reregistered Microsoft Office without any troubles.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!