1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Reinstalled Windows XP but no drivers! Please Help TY

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by krawrler, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krawrler

krawrler Thread Starter

Hello everybody, I am a new user here!(y)
    Today my computer experienced the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! I cannot repair because the recovery partition was deleted -_-" As my last resort, I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition. The installation was a success but when I booted it for the first time, there were drivers missing or not installed. There was no internet so I cannot activate my WinXP, no sound, USB ports cannot read my usb but for some reason my USB Mouse works fine, also there is no firewall installed either. When I got my computer, it came with Windows Vista pre-installed so I do not have the disk, I also do not have any disk that contain the files for my drivers. I went to the HP website support page and went to this link (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3458416&lang=en&) but there is only one useless driver for Windows XP! :( I tried to copy the drivers for Windows Vista but of course.. that failed. My question for you guys is: Where can I get the drivers for my computer?

Computer Specs: HP Pavilion s3127c
    Windows XP Home Edition'
    No Drivers..
    NVidia Geforce 6150 LE
    Connecting to the internet wirelessly

I would love to thank you guys in advance.. so THANKS! (y):D

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Welcome to TSG!!

You may have to try to determine the devices individually, and go to the manufacturer's Web sites to download the drivers. For example, it looks like you've got an NVidia chipset. If you go to NVidia's Web site, you should be able to find the chipset drivers, which should contain the video drivers.

You can also see what Vista device drivers HP was offering for your system and get XP drivers from the mfr. If you've got an Intel NIC, go to Intel's Web site for the drivers, wireless, too. Sound may be CMedia?

3. krawrler

krawrler Thread Starter

Thanks a lot Gr3iz, very helpful advice. My second question for you is that my computer uses wireless networking. I have an adapter at the back. How do I activate that so the little computer shows up on the taskbar? I can't seem to find any manufacturer on it, it simply says: Built-in wireless 802.11b/g cabability on the side of the computer!

4. krawrler

krawrler Thread Starter

edit* I found out it is Liteon, i am looking for driver now

5. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
  6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  7. krawrler

krawrler Thread Starter

8. krawrler

krawrler Thread Starter

edit* thankyou jay, i am downloading the file right now. i will get back to you guys after this

9. krawrler

krawrler Thread Starter

Wow that really worked! Except I only got the LOCAL AREA NETWORK that needs to be connected directly. Is there one that can install the wireless one? Thanks again Jay and Gr3iz!

10. krawrler

krawrler Thread Starter

Thank you guys so much. I have all the drivers now! All I did was installed the chipset Jay told me to, which gave me local area network and brought my computer to a modem where i connected directly. From there, i went to device manager and updated all the drivers. As for the ones I didn't find, like my NVidia, I went to the manufacturer's website and everything is going smoothly. Once again, special thanks to Gr3iz and DustyJay !

11. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Great! Glad to hear it!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice