1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] reinstalling Win95

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kingofburdocks, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kingofburdocks

kingofburdocks Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steve
    I have a friend's computer that has had the C: drive formatted and DOS 6.2 installed. I would now like to reinstall Windows 95 from the CD. No boot disk was made before the formatting was done so no drivers were saved. Could you tell me how to proceed?

2. brianF

brianF

Use a win 98 bootdisk to start the computer with cdrom support, then install win95, note the cdrom drive will be one letter higher using a win98 bootdisk with cdrom support, so if it was D, it will now be E

You can download one here if you don't have one or make one from any win98 computer
    www.bootdisk.com

3. rugrat

rugrat

http://www.user-friendly.net/download/download.htm

Loooks like Brian beat me to it. The above is another site. I would suggest the win98se disk not the win 95. The win 95 usually had problems with cd rom support and the win 98se will let you install win 95.

SeeYa

4. kingofburdocks

kingofburdocks Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steve
    belated thanks to BrianF and Rugrat. Your instructions worked just fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice