Solved: Reinstalling windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Codemaster

I have 2 HDs in a Raid0 setup, and 2 more not, Windows is not installed on the raid drives. Is there a way I can keep the info on the raid0 drives and the drive without windows, while I wipe and reinstall windows on the other drive?

Could you make it more clear? Do you have four drives, two with windows, two not??

If I understood you correctly all you have to do is boot into the harddrive you want to wipe then wipe it, when installing windows, it should ask you where you want to install windows.

Codemaster said:
I have 2 HDs in a Raid0 setup, and 2 more not, Windows is not installed on the raid drives. Is there a way I can keep the info on the raid0 drives and the drive without windows, while I wipe and reinstall windows on the other drive?
yes, if you format & install windows on the primary HD the other 3 drives will keep whatever data you have on them.

crjdriver

Your raid array will be unchanged by formatting a drive that is not part of the array. You will need to load the raid controller driver before you can access the array from windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online