Solved: Reminder?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Money Pit

Dave
How do I set Win.Me. to remind me of important dates? Please remember to keep it simple for my simple mind. Thanks Dave.

Money Pit

Dave
You mean I asked a question that no one on here can answer? Thought tihs was going to be an easy one for you people? Wrong forum? Tnx Dave.

Sorry Dave, I don't think everybody's ignoring you, but maybe they don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

I don't know anything about ME, but I didn't realise that any Windows came with a reminder option. I always assumed that was something that would come from an application that was installed, like Outlook, which comes with a calendar and reminder feature.

Maybe someone who does know about ME will come along and correct my impression, or yours.:D

Money Pit

Dave
Thanks Randy: Hey I'm as dumb as a post here. I just thought that I saw in in Win. Me. somewhere quite awhile ago? I do have Outlook I think? Is this remind feature in there somewhere? Tnx Dave.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I use mine by setting the alarms on the calendar....when you have it running in the background or when you start it, you'll be notified of either what you missed (hehe, more often my case) or at the appointed time.

Money Pit

Dave
Candy:Thanks for your reply. Too bad for me that I don't understand what your talking about. If you have something that can be preset to remind you of calandar dates, please tell me how to set up my machine to do that also. Thanks Dave.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Oops, sorry, Dave....

When you open Outlook, to the left hand side, use the drop down arrow to find the calendar feature, double click on it to open it.......now for example, place your mouse on like 8 p.m. and type something....maybe 'dinner' :D A little alarm should appear and if you keep it minimized, a box will pop up at 8 p.m. reminding you about dinner....then again, if you close Outlook and sign on in the morning, you'll be reminded that you missed dinner :D

Money Pit

Dave
Thanks Candy: Question before I try your instructions.
If I have selected today as a reminder date, will this reminder pop up on my screen as soon as I turn on my computer or do I have to physically open a program to see if any dates are selected to be reminded of? In other words is this automatic or do I have to remember to check it? Tnx Dave

Sorry to butt in!
You'll want Outlook starting automatically and then you'll get a pop up reminder.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Software isn't my strong point....but I believe you need to set a 'time' that you wish to be reminded...

I think I'll move this to the software section, you'll get better help there.

And, as I was just going to edit, I see angel covered my thought.....Outlook has to be opened for you to receive your reminder. (thanks, angel)

In the Outlook Calendar, you can set appointments for a specific time or set it as All Day. Then you have the choice of setting a reminder and how far in advance you'd like to be reminded. This occurs with a popup. However, you will only see these if Outlook is open.

Money Pit

Dave
Thanks for all your help not getting anywhere here so please consider this thread closed. Thanks Dave.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online