1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Remote shutdown using SSH on BlackBerry Torch

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by AdrianClarke, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdrianClarke

AdrianClarke Thread Starter

Hopefully the title doesn't sound crazy in itself! Haha.

Anyways, this has been picking at my brain, and I know there has got to be a solution.

Quick note: I have my laptop RDP-ing to my Server 08. I have a shutdown script .bat file that I run from my laptop and it shuts down my Server, no questions asked. Funny thing, I move that same script over to my Server to see if it works, and nope, even when I alter it, it just doesn't run. Command prompt runs but does not display anything, it's blank. So shutdown fails using that script on Server 08.

So here's what I have right now.

1. CopSSH installed and configured on my Windows Server 2008
    2. BBSSH installed and configured on my BlackBerry Torch
    3. BBSSH can connect to my Windows Server 2008 successfully and can read and execute the directories and files within them.
    4. When I connect using BBSSH, it automatically starts me where the CopSSH is installed. (Program Files, etc etc)

So, back to that .bat file I was talking about earlier, when I SSH into my laptop with the correct .bat file, it runs in SSH on my phone, but does nothing to the actual server. So there is more to this that I am missing.

My main reason to do this is because when I leave my server running, I want to be able to open BBSSH on my BlackBerry and run the script and have it shutdown. I don't want to have to start my laptop, and run script. My BlackBerry is always on me and it would be awesome.

Any help?!

2. AdrianClarke

3. AdrianClarke

Nevermind. I've figured it out. I just had to alter my Shutdown.bat file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice