1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Removable Drive Opens My Documents

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by giraffeav, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. giraffeav

giraffeav Thread Starter

Whenever I click a removable drive on my Rock laptop (running XP Home SP2), it opens MY DOCUMENTS instead of the drive contents. If I right click, the first two options are gobbledygook. The issue happens only on the removable media - flash and portable HD - and not on the fixed drives.

Is there a way to solve this problem? I've searched endlessly with no joy. I can still open the drives using Explorer but it's an annoyance nonetheless.

I'm presuming that the problem was caused by malware but AVG and Spybot are now coming up all clear.

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

3. giraffeav

giraffeav Thread Starter

Greatly appreciate the quick reply and I'm delighted to say that did the trick perfectly.

Many thanks.

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

Glad We Could Help

You can use The "Thread Tools" at the Top to Mark the Thread as "Solved"

5. devil_himself

devil_himself

Between Welcome To TSG giraffeav

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice