1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: removal of a fake scan

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by drtywtr, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtywtr

drtywtr Thread Starter

Hello, i am new ... this is my first post actually:), but i need with the removal of a scan which i think may be a trogin. it calls itself "(MS) Av" (its short for microsoft antivirus) and it spams me with warnings evrynow and than and tries to download something from this url http://scanner.vav-x-scanner.com/27/?advid=5378 ... (i highly suggest u not clicking it and if you did and you have the same problem i am sorry) on my computer evry time i click the "Ok" button anywho ive tracked the problem down to this location C:\Program Files\PCHealthCenter or atleast i think thats where the brunt of the files are... i think i tried to delete it but one aplacation remaind and i cant delete it and so i was wondering how to delete this aplacation and how to search for the rest i think there is still more

2. drtywtr

drtywtr Thread Starter

If you can help me it would be greatly appriciated

3. drtywtr

drtywtr Thread Starter

ummm also i am not sure if these events are connected but i keep on geting 2 desktop icon's when i click on them it brings me to a "Adult Content" site and if i try to delete them about a minute later i get a new one. i think they may be connected because it happened at the same time and i dont remember how or when but i remember seeing some of the "Adult Content" Icons in a folder with the Microsoft AV applications

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice