1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Remove "activation assistant for the 2007 microsoft office suites"

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by techy689, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techy689

techy689 Thread Starter

My new laptop originally came with a trial for the 2007... I uninstalled that, and have been trying to uninstall the program listed as "activation assistant for the 2007 microsoft office suites" under the Add/Remove Programs option in Vista. However whenever i select the uninstall button I get an error saying "Microsoft Office 2007 must be installed before Microsoft Activation Assistant can be installed."

Anyone had a similar problem with a solution?

2. spdabbs

spdabbs

Can you restore your trial version, then try uninstalling the activation assistant before uninstalling the main package?

3. techy689

techy689 Thread Starter

I had originally tried doing that, because it was first in the uninstall list.... so then I uninstalled the trial, thinking maybe now it would uninstall. But it still didn't.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have the exact same issue on my new HP laptop, I removed the trial, and get the same error when I go to remove this. I'm going to manually remove it when I get around to it. :)

5. techy689

techy689 Thread Starter

Well... I spent a lot of time trying to set up a dual boot... and mistakenly formatted the Vista partition... JEEZ>.. good thing I had all my data backed up... anyways, when I reinstalled Vista using the HP System Restore Disk, all the trials and junk came back again. This time, I made it the first thing to get rid of and it WORKED!!!... miraculously it uninstalled, so I guess that's that....

6. downtime

downtime

Maybe the trick is to uninstall it before it's expired. I have the OEM install cds, as a system builder/reseller, I looked at the disks this afternoon after reading this post and there's nothing on them to uninstall.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I'm not about to reformat my Vista laptop to see if that works, got too much time invested in customizing it. :D

8. terrilinda

terrilinda

Found a cure! I download System Mechanic trial version, activated Incinerator (by accident), then uninstalled Activation for MS Office 2007! I don't really like to have Incinerator on my Desktop, so then I deactivated it!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/558551