1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Remove Bing Search Engine

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by CeeBee52, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeBee52

CeeBee52 Thread Starter

Help! How do I permanently remove bing search engine on my computer? I have tried searching for advice on this and nothing helps: Wikihow says to insert an html (well I can't even identify that) someone else said to locate bing in search engine add-ons (it doesn't even show up) and someone else said to type about.config in the filter bar - where is it?? Nothing is showing up as it should according to these gurus.

I am using Firefox. If I use IE bing stays hidden but I like Firefox and don't want this blasted thing on my computer. Any ideas - thanks in advance. Please use nice simple instructions.

Solved:
    Guess what? If you use Firefox, here is a nice simple solution that does not remove bookmarks or files. Open Firefox, select help, troubleshooting issues, refresh Firefox. Select refresh only what I want, Firefox will reset to default. When done close window and reset home page. Easy as. FYI a file named Old Firefox Stuff will appear on your desktop in case you need anything from it. Many thanks to Chris for this info.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice