1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: remove combofix generated multiple boot options

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jackuars, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackuars

jackuars Thread Starter

I had installed combofix to check for any malware's in my pc..:)so i installed the microsoft recovery console as per the instructions....So a selection comes at startup stating whether to use the microsoft recovery console or proceed directly to Windows XP:cool:...Now as the problem is solved i no longer need this bootup selection as it is wasting my time...Now how do i get rid of this and start Windows XP automatically :confused:

Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated...Thanking all u guys in advance...:rolleyes:Please do help to solve my problem soon...Toodles!!;)

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Right click My Computer, Click Properties
    Click the Advanced tab
    Click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery
    Make sure the Default operating system: box does NOT show the Recovery Console.
    Now you can either set the time to something more reasonable, or remove the entry entirely.

1. Set the Time to display list of operating systems: to 2-5 seconds instead of the default of 30.
    2. To remove it, click the Edit button, then remove ONLY the line for the Recovery Console from the [Operating system] section. The Default= line should show your XP install, not the Recovery Console.
      Then delete the C:\cmdcons folder

3. jackuars

jackuars Thread Starter

Thank u 'TheOutcaste'...it solved my problem...

Tech Support Guy is the best computer repair forum i seen on net..Its brilliant for its lightening fast help and replies...I am wasting no time to spread the word....Thanks guys

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

You're Welcome!

If your issue has been resolved you (and ONLY you) can mark this thread Solved by using the Mark Solved button at the Top Left of this thread (above the first post) :)

[​IMG]

Jerry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!