Solved: Remove .lnk from files i startmenu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mhystique

I have a computer that troubles me:mad:

All shortcuts in the startmenu, has the extension shown. On top of that the shortcuts around the pc (desktop and elsewhere) has the same problem.

I don't wants that, but how can I remove that?

I have looked in the folder options, both with "do not show file extension" and adding the filetype .lnk, but without any luck.

I hope that someone in here can help...

Welcome to TSG!

Download the LNK (Shortcut) File Association Fix from this page:
XP File Association Fixes
Instructions are at the top of the page. To extract the file from the ZIP archive, double click on the downloaded file to open it, then drag the .reg file to your desktop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online