1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Remove network icon from screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Darbydo, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darbydo

Darbydo Thread Starter

HP, win. 7, IE 9, 1 1/2 T. Every time I update windows, the network icon appears. Windows won't allow it to be removed.
    I usually restore to former day, but am tired of dealing with it. How does it come off the screen?

2. ProMedic

ProMedic

Hi, do you have windows set to install updates automatically? Do the updates finish? Can you post a picture?

3. Darbydo

Darbydo Thread Starter

Yes, yes, and I don't know.
    I'm kind of old and really should be doing other things. Just don't know much about this stuff.

4. Darbydo

Darbydo Thread Starter

Wait, I changed the auto install to manual recently.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Could you show a screen shot of the offending network icon, please? If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

6. Darbydo

Darbydo Thread Starter

The icon is gone. It was 3 balls, blue and green. I fiddled with it last night, don't know what I did.
    Thanks for offering solutions.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065461