1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: remove of pop up when i start up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by littlejay2, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. littlejay2

littlejay2 Thread Starter

i have home edtion xp dell dimension e520
    had a program that i did not download came in to programs, went to add and remove
    click on to remove, it removed it from the control panel, but every time i click on to start
    this pop's up. do you what to defrag, have to click onto cancel to remove it.

any help on this? i don't know how to rid this little sucker from my computer.

:confused: TY litlejay2

2. DerekC

DerekC

Do you have anymore info about the program, it's name or anyting?

I would suggest posting a hijackthis log in the malware removal section of this forum.

3. littlejay2

littlejay2 Thread Starter

ty u dereck c the only other information is as follow. the name of the program is
    Iobit smart defrag. u lost me on the highjacking malware, i am still a novice on the computer. ur response is really appreciated.
    again ty littlejay2

ps i did remove this program from add and remove where it came from i have not the slights idea. again ty

4. DerekC

DerekC

Try the steps listed by the user Einstein 007 here.

Let me add that once it restarts, a message box will popup once you are back in Windows. Click the "don't show this message again...." box, then click ok.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/797613