1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Removing a Screen and Replacing HP Pavillion G62-225DX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fritzleboo, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fritzleboo

fritzleboo Thread Starter

Hi.
    My friends wife died a few months ago. His son dropped his laptop and I volunteered to fix it.
    I hooked it up to a monitor and it is working fine.
    The LCD is broken so I ordered a new one.

My problem: I can get almost the entire thin black casing frame off. It snaps off. I just can't get the bottom portion of it off.
    There seems to be two circles on this black piece of plastic frame. It is on the bottom right and left? That is the only portion that won't snap off. I fell that if I put too much pressure it will snap. Does anyone know how to get this last little portion to snap off?
    Thanks.
    The Fritz:eek:

2. K7M

K7M

Those black circles are screw covers. Take a pointed object, sharp knife or something and pry the covers off. You will find 2 small philips screws under the covers. Look here for your model and probably detailed instructions how to take the laptop apart. http://repair4laptop.org/disassembly_hewlett_packard.html If you don't find your exact model look at a couple of the others as they are all similar.

3. fritzleboo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vFYg8gguDY
    Hey I inserted a link here to a silent video of what is going on. Basically. I am showing you how I can get the entire top and bottom unsnapped (of the black plastic Monitor Frame) But those bottom left/ and right corners won't give.
    Those corners are very tough to get to? Let me know what youthing.

4. fritzleboo

Got it ! Thanks! I will keep you updated how it goes once; the new LCD is delivered.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!