1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Removing files from external hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Soulinfusion, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Soulinfusion

Soulinfusion Thread Starter

At work we have an external hard drive and the new CS2 Adobe programs were installed on the external hard drive. The external hard drive is connected to a system that runs Vista.

My questions:

1) In order for the CS2 programs to work do they have to be loaded on the external hard drive?

2) If not, I was told that by just simply deleting the program from the external drive, that files may still be attached to the computer itself; if that is the case (please correct me if i am wrong) how do i delete the programs off the external drive so that way everything is removed properly.

Thank you -

2. bigbear

bigbear

Just format the drive, this will deleted everything

3. Soulinfusion

Soulinfusion Thread Starter

duh...thank you!

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You're going to have problems with applications installed on an external hard drive. Access will be slow, and you could get all kinds of errors if the drive letter changes or the drive isn't connected to the system.

If you actually ran the installation program for Adobe applications and chose an external drive as the destination, I guarantee there are application files on various places on the internal system drive as well. Hopefully you can get this removed cleanly so you can reinstall successfully, if that's the goal.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!