Solved: Removing Old Vista System

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

enigma1944

I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to W7 and the old Vista is still on my C disc. Is it possible to remove this without interferring with the W7 . If it is posible, what is the best and advisable way to do it. Thanks

antech

Banned
Maybe.....Maybe NOT.
Depends whether windows 7 has written its boot sector on the C Drive

antech

Banned
Also try formatting the windows vista drive under 7.
If the format completes, then vista is removed and we will help you with EasyBCD.
If not, then the Windows 7 Boot sector has to be written again and we will have to format to disk from the windows 7 setup.
BTW,Have you got the disc ready?

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
Do you mean that the old Vista is still on the C drive in the Old Windows Folder, or simply that both Opperating Systems exist on the root of the C drive? If it's in the Old Windows Folder then you should be able to remove it as soon as you're sure everything (music, documents, etc) you need to recover is moved. To remove it, go to disk cleanup and choose "previous windows installation" before cleaning.

enigma1944

Do you mean that the old Vista is still on the C drive in the Old Windows Folder, or simply that both Opperating Systems exist on the root of the C drive? If it's in the Old Windows Folder then you should be able to remove it as soon as you're sure everything (music, documents, etc) you need to recover is moved. To remove it, go to disk cleanup and choose "previous windows installation" before cleaning.
ENT

I'm not familiar with disk cleanup. Do I find this under " computer " or what section of the start menu.
I searched but had no success.

Beside that thank you all for the answers.

start....programs....accessories.......system tools.....disk cleanup

antech

Banned
Cheers!
I tried that on my friend pc and it just worked like nothing !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online