Solved: Removing Start menu item...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KaIIen

I recently purchases a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I use an older version of Magic Tweak, and tweaked most everything I want. One this I can't get rid of is an item on the Start Menu "Buy From Toshiba Direct". It's located directly above the shutdown dialogue in it's own little category, below the Run button. There's no options I can find to remove this. Any ideas?
-K

I havent experienced this directly but I would guess you change it in the Taskbar/Start Menu properties.

Right click on the taskbar (away from stuff on it preferably)
Select Properties
Select the start menu tab at the top
Click the customize button that is not faded out
Select the advanced tab at the top of the new window
Look for that entry under the start menu items and uncheck it

Try this:
Right-click the Windows Taskbar, then click Properties.
Click the Start Menu tab.
Click the Customize button.
Click the Advanced tab, then scroll through the Start Menu Items list to find the Manufacturer Link item.
Clear the checkbox next to Manufacturer Link and click OK, Apply, and OK.

KaIIen

The start menu properties was the first place I tried, before looking to Magic Tweak. There is not an option here for this item, or for Manufacturer either. I am thinking it's going to be a registry entry. I'm just not sure where it would be located, and that would be my last option anyways....:)

Get the last freeware version of X-Setup, a tweaking program. Go to Appearance > Start Menu > Windows XP > New Start Menu > Extra Start Menu Entry.

You can blank it out or change it to something you use all the time. I have a shortcut to Ccleaner in there.

You are very welcome.:)
You can mark this solved from the thread tools at the top of your post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online