1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Removing tech support details from My Computer Properties page

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Aravis, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aravis

Aravis Thread Starter

I would really like to remove the name, photo, and details of the person who built my computer, from the My Computer Properties page. It's no longer relevant; but I can't see how to do it. Anyone know? :confused:

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Windows\System32 folder
    Rename/delete oeminfo.ini and oemlogo.bmp
    You can delete oeminfo.pnf as well

Or you can edit the ini file to put your info in, or some other message you want, as well as adding a picture. THe bitmap should be 172 x 172 pixels.

HTH

Jerry

3. Aravis

Aravis Thread Starter

Thanks very much! I have deleted the unwanted info nicely; only, the new stuff I wanted in doesn't show up. I've used new files though exactly the same names. O, maybe I need to reboot to see the changes?
    Anyway, main thing is the old info is gone - thanks again.:eek:

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

It shouldn't need a reboot. Mine is changed as soon as I save the file.

The format has to be the same as the original; the headings and variables on the left have to be there:

Code:
    [General]
    Manufacturer=Me
    SupportURL=

[Support Information]
    Line1=Hands Off!
    Line2=
    Line3=
    Line4= 
    Line5=

I'm not sure how many lines you can have. Manufacturer is the only thing that appears on the Main Window, everything under Support Information will be in a pop-up after you click the Support Information Button.

HTH

Jerry

5. Aravis

Aravis Thread Starter

Ahhh.... absolutely; I had deleted the code lines. Now it all works nicely, and the pic I put on instead of the tech's face is my gorgeous old dog :)
    Many thanks!

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

You're Welcome!

If your issue has been resolved you (and ONLY you) can mark this thread Solved by using the Mark Solved button at the Top Left of this thread (above the first post) :)

[​IMG]

Jerry

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!