1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Removing the Search Engine options in Browser

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by swarint, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swarint

swarint Thread Starter

Friends,

Please give some tips if I can remove the pestie Search Engine options in my Firefox browser. I use WIN XP and find the Fast Browser Search and a few others as a nuisance.
    Every time I open a new tab, this comes as a default. Managing this via the MANAGE
    SEARCH ENGINE is of no help because even if I edit it to Goggle as first choice, the next time I open the browser, I see the Fast Browser Search:rolleyes:.

Pls see the SS.

If possible I need Google and Wikipedia only.

Thanks a lot for any help.
    Cheers(y)

Attached Files:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. swarint

swarint Thread Starter

Hei Chuck,
    Yer the guy of the moment, I followed the link yu gave and bingo this pestie is removed.
    Thx a load for yr flash reply. Highly appreciated.

A btw comment,
    I see other options of search engines like answers.com,creative commons whatever that is, they do not represent any issues just yet.
    And I tried the fbs filter command and did a reset as mentioned by Ed, but as soon as I re open the FF, the pestie and all others are also visible.:confused:

If we can get rid of the 2 as mentioned above then that wud be great, but if we can not, never mind, so long they do not take over, we can live with it.

Will wait for yr comment b4 I close the thread as solved. Once again thx a ton for the tips.

Cheers ;)

4. swarint

swarint Thread Starter

So far so good Gentlemen and the pestie has hopefully gone for ever. RIP.

I will close this thread, thanking yu all once again for the valuable time and tips.

Cheers .)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/846809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice