1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: removing yahoo user from computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vicks, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vicks

vicks Thread Starter

A friend, who I am helping on her computer, had someone staying with her for a few weeks who installed yahoo messenger on her computer. My friend would like to keep messenger but remove the other user from it. Any suggestions I can do or pass onto her to do to fix it so this doesn't automatically pop up. I went into msconfig and unchecked messenger, but that didn't help.
    Thanks in advance all
    Vicks

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Give this a try...

In the Yahoo! Messenger Sign In window, clear the check box for the Remember my ID & password option. (This will force Yahoo! Messenger to request a Yahoo! ID and password each time you start it.)

Remove the Yahoo! ID and password from the Yahoo! ID and Password fields by selecting the content in each field and pressing Delete on your keyboard. Yahoo! Messenger is now ready for a new person to sign in.

Have the new person type their Yahoo! ID in the Yahoo! ID field and their password in the Password field and then click Sign In. Now the new person can start using Yahoo! Messenger.

Note: Please make sure that the "Remember my ID & password" check box option is cleared before the other person signs in to Yahoo! Messenger.

3. vicks

vicks Thread Starter

Thanks Cheeseball81
    When I go over to her place next time I will give this a try. Today I was not able to see where the sign in place was. It just automatically came up, even when I tried to stop it in msconfig.
    It will be a few days before I get back to this. (having some radiation treatments for breast cancer so won't be on line for a bit.)
    vicks

4. Cheeseball81

Good luck and take your time (y) Best wishes

5. vicks

vicks Thread Starter

Thank you very much!!!!!
    vicks

6. Cheeseball81

You're welcome!

7. vicks

vicks Thread Starter

Cheeseball81,
    Your suggestion solved the challenge..
    THANKS>
    Vicks

8. Cheeseball81

You're very welcome (y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice