Solved: repeated unexpected shut downs!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dannyjaylouis

Hi everyone, I'm not such a technically advanced computer user, but I've been getting a ton of unexpected shut downs lately, seemingly out of nowhere. I don't believe I've updated any software recently. Is there someone out there who'd be willing to take a look at my specs and try to come up with what the problem is?

Thanks,
Danny

Attachments

Hi Danny. Whats the make and model of your system? What are you doing on the system when these shutdowns occur? Need more information to try and get to the bottom of the issue.

dannyjaylouis

Hi Lance1, thanks for your reply. My machine is an emachines e725. It came with windows 7 standard, I have since installed windows 7 ultimate a while ago.

Go to c:\Windows\Minidump Compress the file or files inside and upload them here please. Are you running the laptop AC or DC?

dannyjaylouis

Hi,
There's no files in that folder.
AC or DC? Not sure -- how would I tell? I'm using the power supply that came with it, although I'm in Israel, which runs 220 volts, like the rest of Europe.

Hi,
There's no files in that folder.
AC or DC? Not sure -- how would I tell? I'm using the power supply that came with it, although I'm in Israel, which runs 220 volts, like the rest of Europe.
So you are plugged into the wall (AC) When it shuts down are you plugged into the wall outlet? Or are you running from the battery (DC) This my be heat related as you say the laptop quite warm. Can you hear the fan running in the laptop? Try and get your hands on a can of compressed air and blow it in the vents at the bottom of the laptop to clear any accumulated dust. As for the dump file look for MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows.

dannyjaylouis

Hi again, thanks for all your help so far.

I'm plugged into the wall pretty much all the time. I'll try the compressed air. The fan runs off and on, not all the time.

That file's not anywhere (did a search)

Right click Computer on the desktop and select Properties. Follow steps 1 through 4 in the image. Are those boxes checked in step 4? and how is the debugging information being written, Small Memory dump or Kernel Memory Dump?

Attachments

dannyjaylouis

Hi,
that file still isn't found anywhere.
temperature is between 40 - 47 C, right now around 45, says status is "OK"
I'm gonna be going for a while now, thanks for your posts, I'll continue on next time i'm available.

dannyjaylouis

hi again, it happened just now, and a memory dump file was created this time. how to i send it to you?

If you remember what the message stated on the BSOD, please put it here.
As for the file, upload it to somewhere and paste the link to it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online