1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Repeating Data in multiple columns for unique result

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by brianbraught, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brianbraught

brianbraught Thread Starter

I am trying to build a spreadsheet that allows me to enter data (steel angle) by individual leg sizes and thicknesses that automatically references the correct weight per foot so I no longer have to look it up in a book. I have loaded the data and built the template, but I cannot get a formula to work that will search my array of data that has repeating data in all the columns, but where all the data in one row has a unique weight. I have tried several commands, and I feel like I need a nested command, but I do not have the knowledge to get it done properly. I have attached the file: Angle Database. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

brian

Attached Files:

2. brianbraught

brianbraught Thread Starter

I used Concatenate and Vlookup to solve the problem. I just needed a week to let my head clear.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!